Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You know the saying... "A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words"

This is the picture that made me decide to create this blog.  It is so hard to keep up with everyone and swap stories about the day to day happenings not to mention that sometimes, words alone can't capture the true essence of a moment.  

For instance, nap time for Wy is usually just another thing I check off of our daily "to do" list.  But on this particular day, my dear little 2 year old said "No Mama - I not take nap".  Well, Mama disagreed and spent about 20 minutes putting him back in his big boy bed, telling him it was time to take a nap, and even included a few "don't get out of bed again" threats...you get the drift.  Finally, I just gave up and thought "well, he may not sleep but he is going to at least stay in his room."  When I went to check on him later, I found he had indeed given up and fallen asleep...but not before doing some major "just in case you couldn't tell, I am mad you made me stay in my room" behavior.  



It is kind of like a "Where's Waldo" photo...that is my little prince in the center on the floor with his little hiney up in the air, fast asleep due to exhaustion from destroying his room.  Notice the shredded pieces of his wicker clothes hamper lid amongst the debris. Can we say "passive agressive?"  I have to admit I was somewhat impressed with the amount of destruction he completed in the alloted time frame. And in case you are wondering: Yes - his mean Mama made him clean up the aftermath...after I took pictures and had a good laugh while he was snoozing.  

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I found your blog! It looks great! I can't believe he did that to his room!! You are right... the story alone doesn't do it justice :)!

LuLu's Lane said...

I found your's off of Leslie's! I love it! Wy is so cute in this pic. I can't believe he did all that. Too cute. Miss ya xoxo

Aaron and Erica said...

I love the blog Em! This picture cracks me up, he's such a little stinker :)

Carter just saw the picture and asked when we were going to see Mimi and Jay again, so I guess you guys need to come over soon.

Love,

Erica

Unknown said...

Oh my, could it be that little Wy has developed a bit of an attitude??? Knowing his mother like I do, I cannot imagine that is possible. I think you must have not agreed with his lunch plans, in addition to insisting on naptime. SERIOUSLY, there is a terrible time in the terrible two's when they fight to give up that much-needed nap. And then one day, they DO!!! I just LOVE the blog, and love the fact that Wy has his mother's spirit. Frankly, I'm very impressed that you got him to a)stay IN his room, and b)got him to clean up! You have the stronger will and the upper hand.....for NOW!!! Love, JANNY

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Hey,
I recently found Leslie on facebook and found your blog from hers. He's just too cute. I remember those days. My girls are 10 now and my son is 6, so hopefully we are finished with that kind of stuff. I a saw Aaaron at the ball field this spring. I think that must be the first time since high school that I've seen him. Hope ya'll are great!
Kristie Wetzel