- tractors
- tractors with wagons
- more tractors with wagons
- an older man in overalls, driving a tractor, carrying what appeared to be a week old infant that was asleep in his arms in the blazing sun
and my personal favorite:
- child "beauty queens" riding on the back of convertibles (most of who my MIL (mother-in-law) knew)
Of course Wyatt thought it was great. He stood there in the blazing hot sun like a little trooper and watched intently as the parade passed by. He didn't even go for the candy that they were throwing at us b/c he was mesmerized by all the activity. I, of course, noted the names that were plastered on the sides of the cars that had the youngest beauty queens so that I can make sure Wyatt dates the girls from the "received families" when he gets older - you know, Gone With the Wind style. I can just hear me now: "You know, son, don't forget that Wanda Jean was a beauty queen in the Huntland 4th of July 2008 parade. I don't remember seeing Fanny Mae's fanny sitting on the back of any convertible that day."
Here are a few pics from that day...
And you thought I was exaggerating...
Little too old for Wy but I wanted you to get the whole experience
Look closely..I kid you not, there is a tiny tiara on that baby girl's head...name noted.
Notice our patriotic ensembles & Wy's red little cheeks!
3 comments:
Looks like good ole country fun! :) I bet Wyatt loved the choo choo train. You are such a good momma for taking him to the parade! I can't belive that little baby was on the tractor with that old man. Can we say HOT outside?!?!
I don't know what's worse... the man on the tractor with the baby, or that crazy person at the rodeo with the baby right up next to the barrier!
Well, I for one am glad Em is as usual planning ahead. God knows any poor girl Wy brings home is up for some serious scrutiny in the future by Em, who is certain to be a MIL like no other! Beans Beans Beans, what's wrong with gettin' those girls off to a good start? It's never too young to learn the importance of makeup and highlights, if you ask me.
LOVE the pictures and the prose - this blog will help keep those skills sharp! Wy as usual is adorable. Love, JANNY
Post a Comment