Sunday, September 14, 2008

Um... We Are Now an "Egg Free" Family

Jeremy opens our store on Saturday mornings so it is just me and Wyatt at home. This Saturday started out as usual when I heard Wyatt open his door at about 6:30. I closed my eyes knowing he would be in to get me up any second. When Wyatt did wake me up, I noticed that about 20 minutes had passed.

Me to myself: Rock on - I got an extra 20 minutes of sleep. Wy is so good about entertaining himself. Wonder what he has been doing?

Then I noticed that his little hands were ice cold.

Me: Wyatt! Your hands are ice cold! What have you been doing?

Wy: Um...I crack, crack, crack.

Me: You crack, crack, crack? What do you mean you crack, crack, crack?

Down the hall we went and this is what I found:



Now by the time I got my camera out to video this, I had already done the whole "OH NO YOU DIDN"T" speech. Seriously, I was so shocked that I actually entertained the idea that someone had broken into my house and trashed the refrigerator. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Oh Wyatt! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! What have you done?!?!?

Wy: Um...cracked the eggs.

Me: Why did you do that?

Wy: Um...they're rellow (yellow)?

I now know that 2 year olds can't answer "why" questions. You can tell in the video that he is trying his hardest to come up with an answer that matches my question.

I quickly put our geriatric dog Phoebe in our room after I noticed her lapping up the raw egg. Jeremy was quick to point out later that you can give raw egg to a dog b/c it is good for their coat. I did notice she had an unusually good hair day today.

Anyways, raw egg (especially a dozen raw eggs) is nearly impossible to get up with paper towels or a wet cloth. It is so NOT absorbent. It just kind of slides back and forth. And it stinks.

I really did make Wyatt help me clean it up. Yes, it would have been easier and faster for me to just do it myself but I was trying to teach a "life lesson". He picked up the egg shells and the shredded container (what is up with that?) and put them in the garbage bag. Then, after I mopped the floor, I let him take a wet rag and do a final wash. He ended up soaked but he was getting a bath anyways. Here are a couple of pics from that morning.


"Look what Phoebe did, Mama."


Post Clean Up

Overall, I think I handled it pretty well. Life lesson learned, no tears were shed, and it gave me an excuse to drink before noon. (I'm kidding Mom and Dad.)

4 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

My favorite line is...

"Wyatt look at me"

"Cheese!"

So funny :)

Erica

LuLu's Lane said...

This is a great blog! I love reading all your stories. They are so funny. I laughed so hard at Wy in the video. I agree with Erica him saying Cheese is just priceless.

Melissa said...

Oh. My. Word. That is too much! I love the part where you say, "alright, get next to it and let me take your picture" I would have said the same thing!
And yeah, what is up with the shredded carton? Maybe he planned on blaming Phoebe, but in the end was too rattled by your "why" questions. LOL.

Mama A said...

Hey Girl- I ran across your blog from Leslie's page. I was watching the video of Wyatt and literally laughed so hard I almost Pee'd my pants!!! He's such a cutie! I don't know that I would have handled it as graceful as you did!