Sunday, September 28, 2008

Better Than a Back Drop

A couple of months ago, I took Wyatt to have his picture taken at Portrait Innovations. They have a variety of backdrops and props that you can use in your pictures and you get them in about 30 minutes - nothing fancy but the pictures turned out super cute and they aren't expensive. One of the backgrounds they used was a beach scene complete with the ocean and sand. With this age, it takes lots of encouragement during the photo session and we made a big deal about him getting his picture taken at the beach. Well, bless his little heart, Wyatt thought he had been to the actual beach. He told my MIL: "I go to the beach!" and told her about how he played at the beach with the beach ball.

I decided that it was time for our first family vacation to the REAL beach and made plans for us to stay at Seaside. We had a great trip with all the usual ups and downs of traveling with a 2 1/2 year old. I think restraining them in a car seat for 7 hours is a mild form of torture even though I know it is necessary. We wouldn't have made it without the DVD player even though we were going crazy listening to the Wonder Pets save the day...over and over and over again.

Wyatt loved the ocean and the beach which I suspected he would. He definitely had more fun at the real beach and I managed to get some pictures of our fun times - enjoy!


3 comments:

LuLu's Lane said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love all the pics, especially of Dad and Wy walking. The sunset was gorgeous!

Aaron and Erica said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad Wyatt got to see the real beach :)

Erica

Leslie said...

Love the pics! Looks like ya'll had a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!