Friday, March 26, 2010

Babykins is Two Months!

Sweet baby Chase - you are now two months old. Here is a little about you...

You are growing nicely. You don't actually go for your two month check up for another 2 weeks so I don't have your exact weight but I would guess at least 8 pounds. And you are 22 1/2 inches long.

You are now wearing 0 - 3 month outfits - you are too long for the newborn outfits.

You are still rotty-rotten about wanting to be held all the time. But you still love the Bjorn so it works. You are content to sit next to me if you can at least hold my finger. Baby boy doesn't like feeling alone and I get that.

It is easy to take you places as you usually sleep in your "bucket." We have done many successful dinners out and I know this will soon change. I have even shopped with you in the papoose and you were content the entire time.

You have been a little congested in your nose so that when you get upset, you snort like a little piggy. It makes me laugh. I tried to get it on video but you were just getting more upset and it seemed cruel to just watch you cry. It was too hard to hear it on my camera so I gave up but it is too funny.

Sleep - I think you are doing great for your age. I typically am only up with you one time a night for a feeding. You are good about going back to sleep. You are in your crib for naps and for sleep at night. We keep it nice and warm in there so I think that helps. You made it 5 1/2 hours last night and that is your all time best for now. Hoping we hit the 6 hour mark soon!

Wyatt is sweet with you. He usually bounces up, pats your head, gives you a kiss on your head, says "hey Chase, it's Wyatt. It's your big brother." And then he bounces off to the next thing. He was looking at you the other day and saying "look Mama, he is learning to open his eyes. Oh wow - he is learning to move his arms." He was so amazed I guess b/c he mostly sees you asleep. I just acted amazed too. :)

You are much more alert these days. And today... FINALLY... you smiled at me. Twice. I was beginning to wonder if you liked me!

So here you are with your pal Sophie wearing a hand me down from Wyatt.




And here you are all stretched out and giving little Sophie a taste...

5 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

Happy 2 months Baby Chase!! We love you!

Leslie said...

So cute!!! He's still so tiny! I can't wait to see what he weighs at his doctor's appointment.

Sarah said...

Happy 2 month b-day baby Chase!

LuLu's Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuLu's Lane said...

Wow at how long he looks- he is so precious- love the red hair too. Happy 2 mo Chase!